Well tomorrow i finally start my mowing.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well its been since Nov 07 since i decided to start my own lawn care business and now the time has come to start my mowing, i am excited and yes alittle nervous but i am ready!:weightlifter:

2. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Lots of haters on here but, I think you will do just fine!

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

How many accounts you got lined up?

4. bigw

Thanks buddy i do too.

5. bigw

37 weekly and 4 bi weekly average lawn $57.00 and made over $8k in clean ups and mulch jobs and 2 edge stone jobs. also have about 5-6 open estimates still out their so i think im doing ok.

6. KS_Grasscutter

HOLY F***. That is truely amazing to build up that much business in like a couple months. You wanna come out here and build me a mowing business, and i'll buy it from ya after a year?

7. bigw

I would if i could lol. Hey i guess having my nice trailer and equipment and truck wasnt a bad idea after all, or my post cards or my sign in my front lawn etc.etc. etc.. I heard how stupid i was for these things on here for months!!

8. CGlisson

CGlisson LawnSite Member

How did you pick up that many lawns so quickly vintage? I just started a business after doing it part-time in the summer. So far I have about 13 lawns and definitely looking to pick up more! Any advice?

9. KS_Grasscutter

Any way you can get your name out there is worth it. I wish I could afford to do more advertising than i do, but then again, you can't afford to NOT advertise lol. Thinking about getting some little "voting signs" to put in yards after I do them, like "This lawn is professionally maintained by PRO CUT LAWN CARE" or something like that.

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, don't count your chickens before they hatch. No offense, you have a good start and might have accounts but you can't talk like you have succeeded already. You have not cut a blade of grass yet. I do wish you luck, though.

But your point about clean, nice, fresh equipment- I agree. People appreciate that and know the difference between scrubby looking and well-maintained trucks/trailers/equipment. It's VERY important.