Well what is it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, Feb 17, 2007.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I have in the past, posted a thread like this and it turned out pretty good, I think. What was your worst buy in 2007...........and what was your best buy in 2007? Ours was a FS90 Stihl trimmer that we were happy with . No worst buys for 2007. So what was yours? Lets here em!
  2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

i think my best buy was probably my mini-z....it moved me from walking behind a cheap, "orange" walk behind that i couldnt ride, to a highly productive mowing-machine...but sadly, the mower is becoming my worst purchase now, due to the lack of power 19 hp, for a 52" deck........

hope that makes sense:)
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, it's only feb. 17, 2007 today, so i can't say i've had a worse purchase in 2007. well, maybe the dinner i bought earlier... it was pretty bad. as far as the best purchase.. my kubota 24.5 walker... really pleased with it.
  4. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

mike, what restaurant did you eat at?
  5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

spaghetti warehouse. worst food and service i've ever had there. my wife's refill on her drink came out with a coffee creamer (the little white ones) in it. we thought it was part of the nozzle from the fountain. and the food left a lot to be desired... next time i'll go to the butcher shop or blues city.
  6. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

They have been great every time I have gone. That sucks though, cause they are kinda pricey.
  7. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

best buy- 1. scag 32 in walk behind 2. Cage trailer 3. grand wagoneer

worst- 1. lexmark printer from walmart 2. ink cartridge for lexmark (doesn't last worth a sh** 3. generic brand soda 4. anything from wal mart - "Wal Mart, the new K-Mart."
  8. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

do you mean 2006? hard to guage best and worst in 2007 considering i'm looking out my window at a foot of snow. wouldn't know how my new lawn equipment works yet.

as for 2006, best buy was the stand on mower, second was palm pilot to work with gopher software to track jobs. third was leaf clean up equipment.

and worst buy would be used dump trailer. buy new, its the only way to go.
  9. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Yes sir boys I was talking about 2006! I should have made myself more clear!
  10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

the worst Was the hd tv for the superbowl(no local chanels yet???only 4 HD channels) I was livid to say the least. I was promised when i call direct tv that i would redieve the east and west coast local channels. never happened!

The Best was the 61 inch big screen,

:weightlifter: I went to purchase the 42" plasma but was impressed by th quality of the projection screen with hdtv and the price(about 2500.00 less than the plasma) so ibought it and was still happy when i fired it up at home. Never happens that way but this time it did.............its a sign of things to come in 2007!! I hope