1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wells Cargo fast trac line

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 7, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone know anything about this line of enclosed trailers, or own one.
    I got a quote on a 7x14 WC Fast Trac, V Nose, with HD rear ramp door for $3,600 which seems pretty good price. They would offer a 5' side ramp for an additional $400 for a total of $4K.

Not sure how these trailers spec out to others???

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump it up.

3. rollman

rollman LawnSite Member
    from Bear DE

I think the price is about right with others . That's a pretty common size have you looked at used trailers , you might save a few bucks . 14 and 16 footers are plentiful around these parts .

We just bought a 24 footer Saturday , used trailers in this size were no cheaper . So it was better buying new . Good luck

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a big difference in having a V-nose or not?

5. rollman

rollman LawnSite Member
    from Bear DE

It's suppose to cut the wind better , but if your not doing much driving it really doesn't matter . Also you can make tighter turns since you don't have the trailer corners to worry about . The V does give you about 2 extra feet up front .

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

thx guys. anyone with experience with the Fast Trac line?

7. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Old thread, but DA or anyone else want to give some current opinions on the Fast Trac Wells Cargo trailers. They seem inexpensive, so I am assuming you get what you pay for. Here they are $3,000.00 for a 6 X 12 enclosed. I believe they are the least expensive Wells Cargo trailers. I am curious if they hold up well, or at all.
    I am currently looking at these, as well as Carmate. Sure-Trac, Diamond Cargo, and Continental. I am looking to put a 48" Viking, a 30" Exmark and a 20" mower in it. So that isn't much weight.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  8. shrubsandmore

shrubsandmore LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for with enclosed trailers. Haulmark or a real wells cargo will stand the day to day abuse. The cheap trailers will not last. The fastrac looks like a cheaply built trailer from the website.