1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wells Cargo or Haulmark??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hoagie, Mar 15, 2002.

1. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

Hey bros, which would you go with? A 14' x 7' haulmark for $4700 or a 16' x 8' wells LS for $6600, both brand new. Cash is getting tight but the wells is warranteed for 6yrs(20 on the PT floor) as opposed to 3yrs on the haulmark. I just can't deceide!!! Need some help making a wise choice. Thanks- kj
  2. stahls2

stahls2 LawnSite Member

You may want to consider a Pace Summit Landscaper trailer. I just recieved a quote for a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer for $4,589.

I am also considering a Haulmark or Wells Cargo.

I can e-mail you the price list and other info on the Pace if you are interested.
  3. stahls2

stahls2 LawnSite Member

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I went with Haulmark, had a Pace and it was not built as good as the Haulmark. The Wells may be a little better built that Haulmark, while I didn't mind paying a little more for the Haulmark, I could justify the 2k extra for the Wells. Been very happy with mine.

truck & trailer 2.jpg
  5. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Why are you considering the two different sizes?

What equipment do you have/plan to have?
    With a 8 footer you can put a 36 & 52 side by side and you should also be able to fit a 72" mower inside. you will not be able to do those with a 7 footer.
    I have a 36, 52 w/b and a 60" ZTR and it is very tight in the 7X16.( I had to take the front bumber off of the Z to be able to close the rear door.) The 36 goes straight in on the left, 52 gets backed in on the right(the two are tire to tire) then the ZTR goes in the back.
    The bigger the better you will fill it up fast.
    I have even got quotes for 8.5X20 Haulmark for around $4500, with picking it up in Indiana.(another way you can save $)
    The 8.5 thrifty hauler also gives more head room.www.haulmark.com
  6. marc

marc LawnSite Member

Just bought a haulmark at Detro's Trailer in Greenwich, In. I purchased the motorcycle low hauler 7x16 for $4500.00. It works well for my two Toro Zmasters. I bought this trailer because you can fit it inside a 7ft. high garage door. I have a 24 x 40 ft .garage that I could not justify having my trailer set outside all the time-even though it is a enclosed trailer. I guess it is also a little bit of respect for my neighbors that they don't have a trailer sitting outside to look at all the time. Anyway, this trailer is has alot of standard features that really dresses it up. you do have to watch you head when driving into the trailer because of low roof height but it works for me. Check one out before you purchase a trailer.
  7. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

Just to clarify, I could've gotten by w/ a 14x7, but was thinking of the future w/ the larger size. My question was basically about the differences in craftsmanship between the two (silly question, I know) Anyway, I ended up locking down the 8x16 wells cargo today. I figured, better to spend the extra 2g now, than to have to sell the other in a few yrs and lose more than that. Thanks fellas- kj

BTW- Sweet lookin trailer Kirby, is that a 16'?
  8. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think of those enclosed Pace trailers they sell at Home Depot? I saw a Pace ?? 6x12 w/ramp for $2,699. I looked at it and thought it was junk, but I'm used to they heavy duty open trailers.

I looked at a Wells the other day and it was diffinitely built better than the Pace, but still, the Wells was not built like a open trailer. I guess I figured out that no enclosed trailer is built like an open trailer. An enclosed would have some great advantages though.
  9. turfsup

turfsup LawnSite Member

10. Haulmark 8' X 16' you wont be sorry later.

I know Beck is hating his 16' and wishes he got at least a 8' X 18' instead of a 7' X 16'