WeMowLawns.com worth $1000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncutterupper, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lawncutterupper

lawncutterupper LawnSite Member

I secured the website wemowlawns.com and havn't had a chance to get a legite website up and running. I recently had an offer from someone to buy the domain name for $1000. Would you sell or keep the name?

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Tell them $2000 and sell it. Change it to something else!

3. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

minimum $5k when selling domain names...especially when in demand:usflag:

4. You gonna name your busioness "We mow lawns" ????

No offense, but I'd have never thought in a million years to check out a website named www.wemowlawns.com

Take the money before the guy realizes he'd be blowing a grand....

5. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

I agree, take the money!!!

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A thousand bucks for a few hours worth of work, I would be a fool to argue or barter or try and haggle with that...
    With domain names it's a long shot, more than a few smart folks have thought of every name out there and more than a few of them went broke in this process, too.
    So long before that person loses interest I would'a took that money and RAN!
    Just make sure you get the money first thou lol, especially if it's an online offer I wouldn't get too excited but other than that you really might consider yourself VERY lucky someone even offered anything at all.

And granted it might later sell for a million too, but watch out because there's billions of registered names that never sell and never sold except to the squatters who thought would get rich lol... It is unusual, in my opinion, to get such a decent offer but that's just me.

Maybe go register Imowlawns.com lol
    Then watch it not sell :p

7. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

try and get 2k then sell. If not $1000 for sitting at your computer and punching a few keys is a great deal.

8. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I know of one domain name that sold for $2500 because it was what the buyer wanted. If your buyer wants that name... then get more than 1k for it.

9. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

I'd take the 1K and run. People who are telling you to ask 5k or more don't know what they are talking about. It is only worth what someone else is willing to pay and for some strange reason....this guy wants to give you 1K for it.

Ask those people telling you to ask $2,500 or $5,000 grand for it....if they want to buy it. No? My point exactly. Either will anybody else. I'd say this is your one chance. No offense...but its not that great of a name to me. Doesn't sound that professional...more kiddy like. Take the money.

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

The price is all relative to who the buyer is in my opinion. If you could take 1000 bucks out of a small operators pocket, take it. On the other hand, if its a corporate giant, I'd start at $5,000,000.