1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Went ahead and did it

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bojangles1432, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Bojangles1432

Bojangles1432 LawnSite Member

Yesterday i went ahead and bought the cat 303c cr i mentioned in a earlier post, here are some pics of it. last the l;ast pics are of when i got it home and was digging out a pond in the yard.

2. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

nice machine how many hours does it have on it
  3. Bojangles1432

Bojangles1432 LawnSite Member

it has 662 right now
  4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice machine, hope it works out great for you. you might think about a larger tow vehicle and trailer. j/j
  5. vvanherk

vvanherk LawnSite Member
    from ON

Congrats on the new setup. Looks good.
  6. Tyler5652

Tyler5652 LawnSite Member

congrads on the machine bud, now looking forward too the work pics! good to actually see a member talking about purchasing a machine and get the balls and actually follow through and do it, GR whats the excuse for this one?
  7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The dealer is working on my finance not much else I can do except for wait.

Bojangles1432 keep lots of grease in the pins if your going to be using the hammer lots, you can't grease enough it helps the pins in the boom from being rattled out.
  8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

No fooling, grease the main bucket pin every 3 hours, and same with the hammer, my brother's 305 is sloppy, and it's barely 300 hours old.
    Consider this a severe warning!!!
  9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A hammer ages a machine 10 years in no time, personally I wouldn't put a hammer on a new machine find a beat up machine with already loosey goosey boom pins.

Also part of the regular maintenance is look for cracks in the boom. Also your hard piping takes a schit kicking make sure all the insulators are in good shape everything is held down solid.