Went and did it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeepDivot, May 17, 2001.

1. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I've been looking for over 6 months, but finally bought my first ZTR, a 60" Hustler Z. These types of mowers actually make mowing fun. Had the dealer bring it out to demo, and since I had never actually mowed with one before, asked him to mow the lagoon and if he could get within 3 feet of the water, I'd clean it up with the push mower. With my tractor, I never had the nerve to get within 6'. He mowed right down to the water! The thing is really stable on the side of the hills. I realize this forum tends to favor other mower brands, but if you've got an Excel dealer in your area, you might want to take a look. I paid $7290 for mine, which is a lot of money for a personal mower, but not that bad compared to the competition.

2. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Congrats DeepDivot !!! Much happy mowing :)

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new Hustler !
    I am the resident Hustler factory rep here on Lawnsite, and I give advice on Hustler's when needed.
    I am sure you are gonna love it.
    This model has been a awesome seller for us and there are many happy customers with them already.
    We can not build em fast enough right now, our dealers are calling for more....
    We are going into production in July with our next model of the Hustler Z, it will be called a The Hustler Super Z
    Differences from the standard unit are:
    25hp kawasaki, remote air filtration system, hydro coolers, larger hydro gear pumps (bdp21's), and white wheel motors (ce20's)
    This unit will do 15mph out of the crate (transport speed), 10mph mowing speed.:blob3:

Have fun with your new mower !!
    Pj

4. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I'd heard about the new Super Z, but decided as long as the 23HP could handle my zoysia grass, which it does, then I wouldn't need the extra HP. It sounds like a step up, especially for those who put lots of hours on their machines.

Also heard the factory is having a tough time keeping up with orders. Two days after I bought mine, I was at the dealer filling out some paperwork, and they told me that they'd just sold another 3 to a contractor, drove the 50 miles to the factory to pick 3 up, and they could only spare them 1.

After looking at nearly every mower on the market and comparing feature for feature, I really believe there's not a better built mower available today for the price. At least in my area, the Exmarks, Grasshoppers, Skags and even the commercial Dixon's were considerably more dollars.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

congratulations there bud. thats the best handling
    z ive demode . they say they are good on hills also.
    luck to you.