Went Deere?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Well,finally got my Deere 50D and putting it to work!It took for every? Imagine that!:dizzy:

Got everything i could get including a radio,thumb,cab the works.Also got an extra bucket 36".Also ax flow valve(reduce flow for my hydualic hand tamper) and diverter vavle to run attachments with out having to unconnect the thumb lines.It is a electric valve just flip the swith to change back and fore.

I traded my 911 Deere skidsteer mount backhoe in for the down payment,and got the 0% for 42 month payment plan.They gave me what i gave for the backhoe 3 years ago.It also had an extra 36" bucket.

The backhoe was in great shape.It worked good,had a lot of power and was an extended hoe.Heavy built.BUT!!!! after getting my 303 mini i hardly was using it,because of how much handler the mini was:cool2:.

For one thing you had to get on and off the backhoe to move the machine.So usually had someone in it to move me as i backhoed.So as you can see that was a major pain!

I went with the 50D to go along with my bigger trencher.Needed the 24" bucket to do dig in to get started with the bigger trencher,where the ditches was to narrow to get the tail(shoe) of the machine down on grade to start trenching.

Little to old i'm thinking,but thought it would make life a little more easier,plus anytime you can trade and get back what you paid for an attachment after three years and 0% interest i fished for it:laugh::usflag:
  2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

How do you like it?
    Give us the positives and negatives of the machine?
    After owning one I have no idea how anyone works without an excavator.LOL
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to see pics of these valves.
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Constructo.......I too would like to see valve and plumbing pics
  5. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on the new paint!:cool2: I like that size mini. I hope to have one someday. The Deere mini's seem to have a pretty good reputation around here and I've been seeing more of them. Did you compare or consider the Deere with anything else?

Get some pics up when you get her dirty.:usflag:
  6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

nothing wrong with going Deere...a guy around here got yanked around real bad by CAT with warranty work so he told them where to stick it...went and sold all his CAT equipment and bought DEERE...hes got those little "piss on stickers" of the guy pissing on the CAT logo...pretty funny
  7. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

I know a company that lost a few motor in mini cat with less than 250hrs.
    They love there cat machine tho, Just this summer they bought a komatsu, what a smooth machine, they have come a long way
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know where he gets those stickers?

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Bobcat Ron is selling them.
  10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Ha, ha, got my laugh for the day.:laugh: