1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Went equipment pricing...want some opinions...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RLS2005, Feb 16, 2005.

1. RLS2005

RLS2005 LawnSite Member

I am starting out on my own this year and just went to price some of the basic equipment that I am looking at...wanted to hear some opinions as to how the prices are.....

EXMARK ZTR 19 HP KAWASAKI- WAS $6499 SALE $ 6299
    (ANYONE THAT OWNS THIS MOWER, I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK ON IT...GOOD OR BAD) I HAVE ONLY USED EXMARK 60" AND 72"

TRAILER 6'4" X 12' PEQUEA TRAILER- WAS $1550 SALE $ 1450

METRO 13 HP KAWASAKI WALK-BEHIND 5-SPEED WAS $2499 SALE $2399

AND LOOKING AT A 21" PUSH MOWER....ANY SUGGESTIONS AND GOOD PRICES TO FIND THEM?????

ALSO $20 OFF ECHO BLOWERS AND TRIMMERS THAT I PURCHASE...

JUST SOME FACTS ON WHAT LAWNS I WILL BE TARGETING TO WORK ON...MOSTLY 1/2 ACRE AND UP, SOME SMALLER TOWNHOUSES BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE ALL TOGETHER...(DONT HAVE THE LAWNS YET BUT ALREADY KNOW WHAT AREAS I WILL BE TARGETING AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE WORKING IN) I KNOW THAT I SHOULDNT GET TOO MUCH EQUIPMENT W/O THE LAWNS YET, BUT I DONT HAVE A CHOICE. I AM NOT IN IT TO TRY IT. I'M IN IT TO SUCCEED, SO I WANT TO BE READY WHEN THE WORK COMES. I WILL HAVE STEADY INCOME WHILE I AM WAITING ON MY LAWNS...I AM A FOREMAN OF ANOTHER LANDSCAPING COMPANY. AND I WILL WORK AROUND BOTH SCHEDULES TO FIT ALL THE WORK IN.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST...APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP... :help:

RON :cool2: