1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Went from ahead of schedule, to way behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Apr 9, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: well we went from doing very well and ahead of our mulching and trimming schedule to what can look like a week or 2 behind with this last spell of snow, and a terrible week of weather ahead. i know we are in the same boat just neede to vent a little. cant wait till it gets nice and the phone rings w/ the "when are you coming" calls.:angry:
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to the lawn care business. :D :D :D :dizzy:
  3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm backed up for 3 weeks right now and got more calls coming in.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Me to, and its going to be a mess when this melts fast.
  5. cturner

cturner LawnSite Member

i wish i was behind i can't get enough work to keep me busy even with the snow:(
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

This last snow was about as much fun as a root canal:angry:
  7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Last week I had two a couple of clean-ups to do. This week I have had calls everyday. I've got 17 to do in the next week, I hope the weather is good to me!!!
  8. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I for one am happy that it snowed in a way because i hurt my back 2 weeks ago and it got progressivly worse and the doc told me to take a week or two off.... So far its been a week since i stopped working and there has only been maybe 1 or 2 days where work could have been done.

HEHE I'm not making money and getting better and the competition isn't either.:D
  9. Brother1

Brother1 LawnSite Member

Rodfather - I'm with you. This is gonna put us back at least 2 weeks since it's gonna be wet until Sunday. Only good thing (if you can call it that) is our foreman from Ecuador had to go home for 2 weeks b/c his wife was sick and he'll be back on the 20th so since we're not working this week anyway we didn't miss not havning him too much. This week will also give us a bit of time to get caught up on some estimates and phone calls that need to be made.
  10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

How could you possibly have been ahead of schedule?? We never finished our fall clean-ups, nor got to our winter projects. That was further compounded by the fact that we started approx 3+ weeks late on March 17th.
    We still have some clean-ups left (especially new clients), we've only mulched 4 of approx 180+ accounts, our sod delivery for this Friday has already been pushed back to Fri April 18th, and so the story goes...

This weather is killing us this week. By us I mean the industry as a whole!!