Went from bad to good

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Edmonds Lawn Service, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Edmonds Lawn Service

Edmonds Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Got rid of this piece of junk
    [​IMG]

for this and love it
    [​IMG]

The ford was the biggest piece of junk, blew head gaskets 3 times, blew egr valve 2 times, the ac went out, 4x4 went out. the bad part is i owned it for a year.

this is a picture of one of my yards i did last week.
    [​IMG]

2. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that common experience for you ford owners out there or is this just a fluke or something?

By the way, the lawn looks amazing!

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

you were to easy on it. i am hard on mine and not much goes wrong with it. the one thing i really hate is it takes way too much diesel. my dodge cummins i can drive twice as fast twice as far it seems. my dads 250 needed a new injector and he is easy on it his. both have similur miles and are the same year.

4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

6.0? I have to get rid of mine! But I am looking for a new ford. Mine has had the injector sleeves replaced the injectors replaced, Egr replaced, oil cooler replaced, turbo worked on, no I have a cracked head that's going cost some where between 4500-6000. So I am looking for a new one before she quits me!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

must be the 6.0. ford had a bad rap for those, you should check out the new 6.7, amazing if you ask me. they should have done thier own engines years ago. too bad you went for the horns, but at least if you got the diesel i can understand

6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.

7. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape LawnSite Member

My Fords have been great in the past. before i got into lawncare i had a 1999 expedition with 160,000 miles that never needed a major repair. My new F350 has the same 5.4 Gas V8 so we will see how long it lasts for, hopefully get her to 200,000 lol. Never owned a diesel probably never will. the gas V8 has plenty of :weightlifter:

8. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Pjn,

How is the 5.4, I'm looking at 10 3/4 ton with a 5.4 what kind of fuel milage atlre you seeing? I'm also looking at an 08 with 6.4 ps but I know those are, I really don't know about the 5.4!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice man. I love the Cummins engines, but I have heard mixed reviews about Dodge trannys.

10. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape LawnSite Member

With regular mix of city and highway mileage and towing a small trailer with my mower and a dump trailer that weights a few tons loaded i get 12 Miles per Gallon, not bad for a heavy truck. i have plenty of pulling power the largest thing i have pulled so far is my fathers 20 foot sport boat and i went 80 towing that at 2500 rpm. My friend has a 6.4 diesel that he has never used for work it just a very expensive toy Lol. He gets 16 miles per gallon so weight the diesel versus gas cost to see which is better for u. I love my Gasser thats all ill say to try to sway ur decision.