went home early

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Sep 21, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Man this seems like the 10th time i've gone home cause of my supervisor...
    The guy knows a lot but his personal issue's spill into work every day.
    So lately I just plug into the GUYpod do my thing,dig,clean up,put in heads and don't say Boo to the guy all day...Only time I talk to him is when I need to know the size nozzles to put into heads.

So today I'm on the job, already plugged into the ipod dug and installed 2 3500's
    Trying not to talk to the super @ all...My mother always told me if you don't have anything nice to say....I know see FIRE in his eyes as he paces behind me like a slave master...I play it cool....He was about to tap me on the shoulder so I got up all quick walked 2 steps from him..

"IF YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME,SAY IT NOW!"
    "WHATS YOUR PROBLEM!"

Calmly I respond, I have nothing to say to you, and if I did It wouldn't be on MR.XYZ's front yard at 8 AM..

I repeat myself again about 3 times..
    getting louder each time..
    He starts and rants about falsehoods about his life his problems.

I look right @ him and say," Finish this one by yourself".
    grabbed camera cooler>homeward bound...

This is about the 500th time i've had problems with this guy.
    Called big boss>drove back to shop>had the same conversation>he gives me some new books about design.

well here are some pics..

The first is of the my worst day doing irrigation ever..The Super bid 3 hrs 2 guys to get under this easy 10 ft walk way that was cemented.turned into a day process cause the guy was to proud to ask for a mole.Thats a hole different story for a different thread.

took a 8 ft galvi 2 inch pipe and banged it under this walkway...it took all day..check out the mess
    [​IMG]

Bad picture but this is where my face was for about half a day digging with a handpick ect.Finally we got the poly through.
    [​IMG]

At the end of yesterday's clean up of this project my muscles were twitching and spasming....Had to take 4 ty pm's to sleep...but alas we got done.
    [​IMG]
    Check out who is @ the helm
    [​IMG]

Where I took my lunch
    [​IMG]

Standing up
    [​IMG]

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

sorry about the language MJD.

I did this clean up by the self.almost perfect.. I would love it if my boss bought a sod cutter.

[​IMG]

the walk way we "manually" got under.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

no problem Rotar...nice pics...really like the shadow of you :laugh:

4. Bummer dude. One nice thing about all the years I was a lone service guy is I never had to worry about getting along with someone. Caught Henry with his guypod on the other day. I gave him a very sad look as to suggest "You'd rather listen to music than hear me think out loud?!" Excellent clean up.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

Thanks for that fimco...Its horrible not to get along with this guy...Did Henry take off the guyPOD? or resume with it working?

and what was your reaction.

here is another shadow pic for you mike
    [​IMG]

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My avatar is for your boss rotar.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

Thanks man..
    It gets old constantly walking away from the guy...

@$$ hat he is, yoda think.

8. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe time to talk with the BIG BOSS about running your own crew next year.

9. I wondered how long you avatar was going to last Jon. Posting it on a thread MJD had posted on doomed that avatar.
    CSR asks
    I respond: of course. Henry knows how high I value good human conversation. Ipods create distance and I see them as a device not for entertainment but as a way to shut the world out.

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

so I take it you will be investing in a 60 GB asap and join us in the ranks?

"Today 04:22 PM
    WalkGood Maybe time to talk with the BIG BOSS about running your own crew next year."

I did....we are close to doing so....I might just screw the winter here and move down to Texas full time and work with pete....