Went To Bobcat Demo Day Today.. Very Impressed

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

so i went to bobcats demo day today they were promoting some of there new attachments such as the forestry cutter, stump grinder attachment but the biggest thing that i was impressed with was the remote control wow real cool it works up to 1500' away i acually used it and it was real easy to use it only is adaptable to the joystick control machines definely something to look at in the future. i also got to use a few machines that i been waiting to try i have some input for you guys..

435 zhs excavator i was acually impressed with it seemed quicker then the 337 and it was quiter i also like how it comes with the long arm option. i must say i liked the 435 better then the 337

t320 was a powerful machine had alot of push to it thougt it would be a little faster thou

t140 wasnt crazy about at all its just to small to do any type of real work went into a few piles of mud and it seemed to bog down a bit..

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

mrsops, Were you at Garden State Bob Cat as well? I saw a truck with NY tags on it maybe that was you.

3. mrsops

yes i was there no that wasnt my truck acually so what did you think?

4. Lazer_Z

from NJ

The T190 was really neat to run, it felt weird to be operating the machine from outside the cab. That T320 was a BEAST, I gotta say that thing had some serious b@ll$. I asked about what that would cost just for the heck of it and I was told about $80K+. I got to try it out and I have to hand it to the guys that do that type of stuff everyday, it was a little scary even though the wind shield will take a hit from a tooth of that cutter. The only down side is the cab was a little tight for me. I also had a chance to try out a couple excavators, the first was the 341 with the thumb and the second was the little 430 ZHS I like that one more so than the 341 because it was newer and had less hours so everything was tighter. Bob Cat and that dealer impressed me, I'm going to try and make it back out on the 19th of June, they are having the 50th anniversary road tour and Bob Cat is picking up the tab for half of the event so they will have more stuff going on.

How did you like everything and what else did you try out?

5. mrsops

yeah i liked everything.. i basically tried out all the track loaders and excavators i was impressed.. i did the remote control i thought that thing was real real nice

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Please don’t tell Ron :waving::waving::waving:

7. mrsops

im sure he will see :usflag:

8. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I only have 1 more little gripe and I see where Yellowdog is coming from with his complaints of the cab's. I know a lot of guys were in and out of that T320, but I did see dust in the cab I don't know where it was coming from, but it was there. When I tried it out the cab was like an oven, come to find out the d@mn heat was on. That machine would be cool with the remote although you'd have to have some really big clearing jobs to justify the cost. The remote kit is like $10K now the $80K+ for the T320 set up like it was and your at $90K+ before taxes and any other attachments. I thought the guard "kit" on the T320 was a nice idea and if you do grinding everyday the investment of $5K could be paid for in no time by preventing any down time.

9. mrsops

i didn't realized the dust in the machine i dont know it has to becoming from somewhere. yeah thats a real exspensive bill there 90,000 lol hey if you can put it to work everyday it would be nice. yeah that guard kit was real nice made the machine look bulletproof. i thought the t320 was def a strong machine i mean we were pushing and picking up real heavy mucky mud with no problems what so ever i just thought it would of been a little faster i guess i was getting ahead of myself

10. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I didn't try the T320 with the bucket because it had the old style hand/foot controls, but yeah that machine was a little hard to stop. I know you saw me because I stuck out like a sore thumb while wearing enemy colors lol, I had my CAT hat on. After I got done with the T320 the rep right from Bob Cat HQ asked me if I was ready to trade my hat in. Did you see the guys in the little utility vehicle running up and down the dirt pile? I told the rep from my area that we all got to act like kids for a day lol. I also got to try out the little MT52 with the stump grinder and I really liked that. I'm trying to figure out a way into the stump grinding market and maybe trying to fill the void where the wheeled machines can't go, but you also need access to backyards, between homes, through gates and also not destroy the property. Ive gotta do some thinking and I'm defiantly going to get a demo of an MT52 with a stump grinder and we'll see where this leads. It's just a shame CAT hasn't come out with something along the lines of the mini's because it seems to be an ever growing market. God help me if I become a Bob Cat owner lol.