went to buy a w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Cake, May 1, 2005.

1. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Drove to SC to get this Cub Cadet

Found this trailer on the way back

Might as well show my homemade striping flap :)
    and some semi stripes from the cub(i mowed a few days ago, so i was only cutting 1/4 inch, I think a full cut will be more defined.)

IM000100.JPG

IM000101.JPG

IM000103.JPG

IM000102.JPG

IM000099.JPG

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good, Im thinking Im going to have to add a 32-36 inch mower in the next year or so, Alot of housing is going up at the lake and its gonna be to hilly for a z, so im thinking about a smaller walkbehind. That is a ''shorty'' trailer is it 12 foot?

3. Grass Cake

from Zone C

Already have an 18' er.

5 new subdivisions being built within 5 miles of me. I'll be knocking on they're door the day after the sod's down :) .

I've been hiding from most small yards in my area. I didn't like using a 21". Gonna try and build a sulky later this week.

IM000105.JPG

4. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

whats ur flap made out of and whered you get it? do you notice a difference with the flap on there. I tried to make one with a truck bed mat but it was too flimsy. Details please

5. Grass Cake

from Zone C

It's a truck mudflap cut down.

I got it at NAPA auto parts.(it's about 3/8" thick) $8.00 i think

As far as the kubota striping.......It will on it's own if you keep the blades razor sharp....as soon as they dull it's a big diff. The flap helps most when the edge is off.

:cool: