1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

went to check out a diffrent Ferris dealer today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigred13, Feb 3, 2012.

1. bigred13

bigred13 LawnSite Member

Went to another ferris dealer today to see if they could beat the price of my local dealer. first impression as I walked in is this place is not very clean and extremely cluttered. So they had the model I wanted to look at. The dealer stated he could beat my preferd dealer by $100 bucks. He took me to look at the unit. (which was in the back) And it didnt have the ICD deck. I asked the question "I thought all ferris's with 52" deck were ICD?" He said oh this is a 09 model.....I said and you still want full retail price??? He wouldnt budge..Needles to say I will be going back to my prefered dealer. LOL

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

$100 bucks doesn't even matter when buying a $8k-$10k mower. how about come off $500 or $1000? that's more reasonable.

3. bigred13

bigred13 LawnSite Member

I told him. If he would drop the price $1000 bucks I would buy it than. He said he had more than that in it. I replied I am sure when you bought the unit in 09 It didnt cost that much. LOL he had no real reply.

4. BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes

BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

I work for a Ferris Dealership right outside Charlotte, NC. I have alot of good deals on Ferris right now. If you let me know what you need I can help you out.

5. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Big what would a 3100z run with a 61-72
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes

BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

I've got a demo at the store with 16.8 hours. Full warranty

7. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

If it dosnt have the new deck and is 3 years old it should be a couple grand less

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

In his defense depending on when he bought it this could be true. I have run into that with Ferris. I bring in a mower mid season or so...then the next year in the spring they run a special on that mower for alot less than I paid for it.

9. bigred13

bigred13 LawnSite Member

Big PM sent!