1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Went to the John Deere dealer the other day

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bobcat'nSTL, Dec 1, 2010.

1. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love the deere stuff. Looks like I might be going d series ctl, after a bad stint with my bc service dept. We'll see what happens
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. MattnSTL

MattnSTL LawnSite Member

The one that we were seriously trying out is heavily discounted from the factory. We cut vacant lots with it. We don't need anything big, and we are a non-profit with an unfortunately very limited budget right now (I would rather get my paycheck than drop a lot on a mower). I work with what I am dealt. We're looking around at others, don't worry.
  3. Bobcat'nSTL

Bobcat'nSTL LawnSite Member

I am not really sure what happened to him last I heard from him he was working in the rental division. I tried contacting him a couple weeks back and haven't heard back so I don't know happened to him. I do know that I think they need to start looking for a new ssl and ctl sales man because he wasn't very good. They guy we were dealing with for mower was way better and he wasn't even a sales man he was parts guy.
  4. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed those sheers too. They look like their Genesis brand. Have you guys ever seen one of those Exodus MX447L's in the background of the one picture? I googled the number and apparently the owners of Genesis started a new company that makes these material handlers.

5. Bobcat'nSTL

Here is another pic of the material handler

And yes they are Genesis sheers

I really liked this dozer too

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

With scrap metal being in such demand scrap yards are buying those material handlers pretty regulary. My family is friends with some of the largest scrap metal dealers they said the material handlers can sort scrap metal faster than a magnet.

Prepared scrap steel was up to 200 dollars a ton couple years ago it was the highest it has ever been. The scrap yards are paying that means China is buying it from the scrap yards for 400-500 dollars a ton.
  7. Skidsteerman

Skidsteerman LawnSite Senior Member

Erb's signed the contract for the Deere mowers back in 1963 (Pretty sure) when Deere first introduced Lawn mowers. They've handled them ever since. Out of our 8 locations, this is the only branch that handles them which is our main office location.

Not possible for this to happen, we have two separate departments and locations for L&G and Industrial as well as our parts counters. Industrial customers only wait behind another industrial customer if all the parts guys are too busy.

I'm still here, been too busy to surf this website this year.

I've replied back to all your PM's unless I've missed one:confused:, I surely hope you don't feel I have ever been ignoring you because that is not the case. I haven't been on here in a while, sorry about that as well if I have in anyway dropped the ball with you. PM me if there is anything I can help you out with.

8. Bobcat'nSTL

No everything is cool we were actually hoping to see you while we were out there.
  9. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Yeah it is possible! Your Mt. Vernon store sells mower parts, I know after waiting behind customers looking up parts! They do not have 2 seperate departments at Mt. Vernon!
  10. Skidsteerman

Skidsteerman LawnSite Senior Member

That very well could be, but Mt Vernon is not a L&G store and was more then likely just helping someone out. You probably just came in on that one day they were selling a lawn mower part. I find it very hard to believe this is a common occurrence there. But can't say for sure as I'm never there... In fact, I've never been in that new location just by it. I was in their older location several times.