Went To The Njlca Show Today Alot Of Nice Machines!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys went to the njlca show today in meadowlands new jersey they had eveything you can imagine from skid steers to excavators even dump trucks here are some of my thougts..

i dont see how anybody buys new holland skid steers they have to the worst visability i have ever seen in my life. maybe if your working in a huge parking lot that machine would be good, the rear of the machine is so dam big its amazing. i can see that getting smashed alot. i sat in a ls170

john deere they had a 320 skid steer there a little better but not by much i was a little uncomfortable in that machine..

mustang i just walked right by i didnt even waste my time

cat i was impressed with very comfortbable cab nice visability from the sides they made some nice changes only thing was i couldnt see the corner of the buckets as well as the bobcats but it wasnt bad..

bobcat they had a t320 and a s330 there great visability out of both machines i own a s330 and for a machine that size cant beat it you see everything..

just some thoughts
  2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

heck with the machines did anyone see the chick at the maaco booth???? lol
  3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

yeaaa i did lololol
  4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people complain about being able to see out the Deere, New Holland, and TK machines. I have set in all the brands out there and to be honest I dont see that much of a difference in any of them. The most important thing I want to see is the cutting edge. If I can see that I am happy. Granted allot of the work I do is finish but Im just saying I have never had an issue seeing where I am at out the side or backing up. I have run equipment all my life and have got fairly good at judging distance i guess.
  5. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Working in a parking lot, thats exactly the right comparison. I think you get a skid steer cause you are working in tight areas, if a machine is not compact enough to comfotably manouver what good is it? And I agree, the bobcats do have very good visibility, arguably the best IMO.
  6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

lol good eye....

7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

What and no one took their camera?:cry:
  8. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Why did they have a LS 170 there, why not a L 170?
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Buddy of mine just got a new L170 (I think that is it) 30 hours. I have a new bobcat S205. I think from talking to him they are pretty evenly matched machines but to see out, the bobcat is alot better. I also think they hang out in the back end but maybe the counter weight is better, I don;t know. Around here there are alot of guys that buy NH's. But I wasn't impressed with it. My thoughts.
  10. JJofNJ

JJofNJ LawnSite Member

where was the show?