Were getting some snow in NC!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad to see us getting some. But I had a fertilize job scheduled today. I know they are going to call this afternoon to see if I got it out :(

I don't mind to work out in the snow. But I'm not so sure it's a good idea to do it now. They'll be disappointed though. What to do :confused:
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You can't control the weather. If it can't be done due to snow then forget it. Nothing you can do. If you can get up right now and do it quickly without damaging anything then go do it. Might as well collect the revenue off the job if possible.
  3. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Stay home, 8 wreckes in Caldwell co right now, US321 North of Lenoir is everything but close...... gona have fun today.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the funny thing about you southerners...1" of snow and it is chaos on the roads. Not that it is much better here in Philly as the Yuppies with their Four Wheel drive vehicles think they can conquer everything. The one thing they forget is that you can't stop on a dime.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:D Yea that is very true. But...ya'll can't handle the heat.:p
  6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

65hoss, that is so true.:p
  7. Envy Lawn Service

That's so much the case here too. Then you got them crazy rednecks in there jacked up pickup trucks out trying to have some fun.

People get out here in vehicles that shouldn't be on the road. Others like you say, forget they can't stop on a dime. It's mountainous down here too and they don't know how to properly control there vehicles on slopes. They panic when they break traction. This is the cause of most of the wrecks.

I used to live farther north from here and we used to get some considerable snowfall a few times a year. I have yet to have a wreck because of snow. If I do it probably will be some other dummy running over me.

No your S-10 automatic 2x4 with no weight in the bed doesn't belong on a snowy road here.

But on the otherhand, my family up in Jersey can get by OK like that with a little weight added. Snow is a lot easier to deal with on flat ground.
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

envy . if u are in the mountains ,u must not be high enough . the real died in the wool mountain boys can drive a two wheel drive any where they want to.
    ive seen w cable take his wagon up an dn his mountain . made it look easy. im pretty good at it, my self but i had to leave my car about 1/2 mile short o his driveway.
    now the move ins from outa state are a different story.
  9. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

The snow here is alot different than most places it is very wet in stead of dry like most people get! Hell I can drive 65 on that dry snow but if i would try that in the snow we get here I would end up on my top.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

I don't own a 4x4. But a manual tranny is a must in my book. I hope I don't have to explain that! I do ok in my 2x4 truck with a few blocks in back.