Were there any of the new 2007 Triton deck mower out in October 2006?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnwon, Nov 10, 2006.

1. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

Hi: I was talking to my local Exmark dealer.......he waited eight days before returning my phone call. Anyway I told him I already bought a mower and had decided not to buy the Exmark due to the Triton deck problems on 2006 mowers. He had talked to me "two weeks ago" about a Lazer HP W/Triton 50 inch deck that they had marked down $500.00....said they were clearing out for the season end. Anyway after I told him I would have been interested in the 2007 model Triton, he said that is what he was telling me about.... a 2007 model. I said then would have been a good time to tell me it was a 2007 rather than say "trying to clear out for the season end"
    My question could he have really had a 2007 Lazer HP with the new & improved Triton deck in a 50"???? Thanks....just want to see if he is honest or not or just your B.S. salesman.

2. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not sure about him getting you a '07 model but I could have been a '06 with an update kit on the deck. Ask brian in the Exmark forum.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Either way Exmark will pay to have it updated.....If I understand correctly. I Think the new models are just coming out or about to.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Find a different dealer

5. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

I did find another dealer.....although I think most all the sales people lie. I brought home a Gravely 160XDZ today....my first ZTR. I need to learn how to drive!!, too many years with a steering wheel. Thanks to all of you for answering all my questions, which helped me make an informed decision.
    P.S. Any of you know how much pitch I should have on the 60" X-Factor deck??? Thanks again....and I most likely will have more questions as time goes on.