Were to get Fertilizer??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

I am looking at doing fertilizer as another service for customers but was wondering were most of you get yours? Is there a place you can get it at a contractors price or cheaper than at Home Deopt or Walmart. I have used some fertilizer in the past on my own yard that was chicken poop:) and was really good and it was like $6.00 for a 40lb bag, anyone else ever used chicken poop and what do you think about using it?

The only thing about it does not have the weed prevention or anything like that. JUst 100% organic chicken poop.

Brandon Jolley
  2. Green-Cuts

Any opinons on this topic??
  3. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Lesco is good stuff
  4. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Thats where I get my stuff.
  5. Green-Cuts

What is Lesco?? Sorry for the stupid question??
  6. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

A lawn care store. Go to Lesco.com and find a dealer near you. Great fertilizer!
  7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally a decent answer.
  8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

most states you need to be licenced for pesticides, some do not require it for fertilizer, some do.... you better check and be sure, the fines are enough to put you out of business.....

if you are licensed , or it is not required in your state...... also look at the andersons...... they are a local company here but are nation wide....

if you are not licensed, dont get scotts or anything like that, they have a weed killer in them which is a pesticide and would be asking for trouble....yes homeonwners may put it down.... to be payed for it you need a license
  9. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Most all the manufactures have some product that have pesticides in them...Same with Scotts, some of their product does and some don't.:hammerhead:
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

some does, and some dont.... but he is unfamiliar with the brand names so i picked one he might be familiar with....:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: