1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

west central florida

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dr.Jay, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Dr.Jay

Dr.Jay LawnSite Member

what is the hourly rate here,if i were to start my biz here by myself it would be a 1.00 a minnute,is this to steep?
    it seems like alote of peaple doing this business here.
    I want to have the upper hand when i start up,is there any advice any one from this area can give me?
    is a toro ztr a good machine?:usflag: :usflag:
  2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Citrus county, forget about it....no money to be made there unless you go really big to charge the cheap rates that they pay up there....
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You are in one of the cheapest areas of Florida, most folks up there are old school retired. I live in Hudson about 30mins south. I tried a run in Sugarmill Woods, nice upscale community. I gave estimates on 20 yards, most 1/2 acre nice landscaping. The average going rate these people would pay was 50$ A MONTH!!;) I just walked away shaking my head. Most of my business is now in Tampa about 30mins south of me. I cut a few yards along the way as I make it down there. Outside of large metro areas you are going to have a hard time. Sorry.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
    ericg likes this.