West Coast Expo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Well, since again this year i wont be able to travel the width of this vast country to see mowers i think us west coast guys should do something. Party? BBQ? Convoy to different dealerships on the coast to see different mowers? LMAO! How would you like to be the dealer and see all of us west coast guys pull in on a saturday?!:eek: :eek:

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Acute you are definitely right. There is no big turf expo near the west coast. I keep reading and seeing the ads for the one in Kentucky, but alas that is way to far to go.
    Maybe if enough of us west coaster's suggest an west coast expo, it will come to be. I could only wish.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey Acute, sorry to go off your topic, but were you just in a recent article in one of the trade magazines?

Or am I thinking of someone else? Later.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Never mind, I just saw one of your other posts that answered my question.

Nice article and very professional looking team ya got there too!

5. Acute Cut

thanks go getter. Read the thread about the 60" wb article. Post your thoughts there. We are discussing the full monty vs the editing yall got. I would be interested to hear your opinion.

6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

August 26-28 at the Farwest Show in Portland. This will be my third year going to this big event. More than 870 exhibitors...

http://www.farwestshow.com

7. Acute Cut

You know, after lookiing into that website it looks like 98% nursery stuff. Not much lawncare and only heavy equip where applicable to nurserys. I am guessing expo is more than that. Ill still go though.:D

8. They do have a pretty good size one @ Long Beach (by Los Angles) sponsored by the California Landscapers Association. Nothing like the Louisville, KY, but at least most major companies are represented and they do have on hand demo's to play with.

9. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Acute Cut, that is true, most exhibits are manned by growers, but there are booths on irrigation, chemicals that we use, Bobcat has been there, and OMG even OSHA. Pick up some pruners, gloves, whatever.

I generally hang around until closing on Sunday and then purchase some of the plants on display. You can pick up some nice things real cheap this way because the exhibitors don't want to haul the stuff back!