West Coast FL 30 Acre complex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Mar 20, 2008.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have much experiance with Fl commercial Prices. The job is mine as long as I don't get too crazy with price because of my connections. There are 18 Duplexes and 24 condo buildings, rec area ect. The same as every other community in Fl. Lower end housing low to mid $100,000's. Mostly Bahia with some St. Aug. thrown in. Mowing only for now, no shrub or palm work that will be seperate as we may be renovating.

Before you go all crazy:
    I've been doing this for 10 years just in Va and WV not Fl. up home this would be $3000 a cut seems like here it would be $1400 a cut.
    I have the equipment to do the job and the funds to get more if needed.
    I have 2 FT guys now and would try to get away with bringing on 2 more to get this done, but it will probably take 6 guys total to get in and out as quick as I would like.

ideas

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have the in you should be able to find out what last year's price was. With five guys plus you 1600.00 would be nice to get if prices are half of VA's. Good Luck

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

If your in, try to get the price of last year. Also if your in, does it really matter what your price is as long as "you dont get crazy with the price". Either way - good luck and nice job landing the client.

4. lsylvain

unforetunatly my in is through the management company who just got the contract so we don't have that info.

5. lsylvain

You are right there but I want as much as I can get. I could do the job for $1350 and make descent money. I also want to know because I have given many bids on large places like this and have not gotten any of them. The two people that would tell me why was because they chose a lower bid.

6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

It goes back to your cost of doing business. If you know your cost, then you should be able to provide a accurate quote regardless of what the last LCO price was. Maybe the last guys didn't have all of his paperwork, license and insurance so he was able to do it cheaper, it really shouldn't matter what they charged. Maybe that is the reason why the current management team is no longer around?

If you have been in business for 10 years, then you should know all to well the nightmares that occur when you price an account inaccurately. Bid your price