West Georgia Start Up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by presnallawncare, Mar 14, 2012.

1. -=Shaw=-

-=Shaw=- LawnSite Member

Very nice! Have you had an issues with it being too big in this area?

2. presnallawncare

presnallawncare LawnSite Member

No, we have yards ranging from half acre to 3 acres so it is a good fit. We have a 21" honda push mower for the 2 or 3 gated backyards we have and we get a pretty good bit of use out of it on other random yards as well. A 36" or 48" walk behind would probably suit our needs as well (we only have one large yard, around 3 acres), but the 52" makes quick work of small yards.

3. GreyFlames

GreyFlames Inactive

Have you been keeping good track of your marketing efforts, both those you paid for and those you did not? I am always interested to see what new start ups think was the best use of their resources to gain customers.

4. presnallawncare

presnallawncare LawnSite Member

I had business cards printed off and mostly just put them on mailboxes in neighborhoods close by and then word of mouth. This has gotten a fair amount as we currently have 15 regular accounts and we have also picked up some one time mowing jobs as well. I was thinking about flyers but they are more expensive so we stuck with business cards.