Lawn Care Forum banner

West Michigan

36K views 113 replies 26 participants last post by  mdubs 
#1 Ā· (Edited by Moderator)
West Michiganders, lets see if we can keep a thread going about West Michigan Lawn Care & Landscaping. including Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, etc... We have on over on plowsite and did not find one on here

This could give us a great chance to meet LCO's or solo guys in our area, help with bids, sub contracting, and passing along accounts outside our areas.

#53 Ā·
So how is everyone enjoying this heat so far this week and they say this isn't even the hottest yet! It is suppose to be hotter on Wednesday & Thursday. Everyone be safe out there and remember to drink plenty of water.

#54 Ā·
Its not to bad, all though I took the day off and was enjoying the views at the pool.:p

What services does everyone offer? I was thinking if we all knew what each other offer in terms of services, we could pass along work to lawn site members that we do not offer ourselves.

I offer the following:
-Weekly lawn mowing
-Mulch spreading and delivery
-Dethatching
-Plug aeration
-Weeding
-Spring and Fall clean up's
-Small Landscaping
-Lawn Rolling
-Debris Hauling
-Beach Cleaning
-Dock Installation
-Irrigation Start Up's
-Raised Garden Beds
-Pruning/Trimming
-Other random services also.

#55 Ā·
So how did everyone do this past week. We took Friday off. We had a pretty dry/hot week with no rain and Friday lawns were not high enough to cut.

#58 Ā·
hey due to a mess of issues some legal. Im in need of a job, Live in Battle Creek, but work the Grand Rapids, Holland Kalamazoo areas (have family all over) I have experience in all aspects of commercial and resi' landscape maintenance and construction. Hold a chauffeurs and applicators licenses, have experience running crews of up to 5. PM me or call Nick
269-830-8347

Thank You

#59 Ā·
lol

Hey Calvin,

How the season been for you so far. I been picking up a lot of weekly and 1-timers, mulch & install jobs.

#61 Ā·
hey due to a mess of issues some legal. Im in need of a job, Live in Battle Creek, but work the Grand Rapids, Holland Kalamazoo areas (have family all over) I have experience in all aspects of commercial and resi' landscape maintenance and construction. Hold a chauffeurs and applicators licenses, have experience running crews of up to 5. PM me or call Nick
269-830-8347

Thank You
Letss get this straight. You post up about having legal issues and post in your sig line that you are a pothead and you think someone will hire you?

#62 Ā·
Letss get this straight. You post up about having legal issues and post in your sig line that you are a pothead and you think someone will hire you?
NO, get THIS straight I am NOT nor have I ever been under the influence of drugs (weed, meth, etc). The "legal" issues pertain to my direct boss "holding my job and apt." over my head and to engage in numerous violations regarding commercial pesticides, I'm in the works of a lawsuit, and well will need a new source of income soon.. My meaning of "Gas, Grass or A$$" is because Im in to drag racing, the lawn care industry and well I like girls.

#63 Ā·
NO, get THIS straight I am NOT nor have I ever been under the influence of drugs (weed, meth, etc). The "legal" issues pertain to my direct boss "holding my job and apt." over my head and to engage in numerous violations regarding commercial pesticides, I'm in the works of a lawsuit, and well will need a new source of income soon.. My meaning of "Gas, Grass or A$$" is because Im in to drag racing, the lawn care industry and well I like girls.
Well if any of that is true, you really need to learn how to represent yourself better. Also, noone is going to want to hire someone who is currently suing his boss.

#64 Ā·
Well if any of that is true, you really need to learn how to represent yourself better. Also, noone is going to want to hire someone who is currently suing his boss.
Im going after the company and to be vague, Ive been ordered to not triple rinse and to drain into city street drains if I dont comply "he" will fire me and start a eviction process. there is no/lacking PPE and improper storage.

#65 Ā·
Hey Power,

Best season yet, I haven't picked up any new accounts or anything though. Been busy working the accounts I already have. Almost all of them are full service now, excluding fert.

Your still getting mulch jobs? I haven't done one of those since june. I am working on a bid installing a new landscape for a new house, though.

Calvin
Hey Calvin,
Do you use or know anyone with a Fert Lic.

Thanks for any help

Power

#67 Ā·
Hey Calvin,
Do you use or know anyone with a Fert Lic.

Thanks for any help

Power
call Weed and Feed in Byron Center. Steve is the owner. Matt is his son. Both are experts.

#68 Ā·
call Weed and Feed in Byron Center. Steve is the owner. Matt is his son. Both are experts.
Thanks JDieptra
I'll have to look into them Thanks again for the help

#69 Ā·
I'm not calvin, but I have one and know people that do
Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't talking to you "NIXRAY" if you look at the top I was talking to Calvin from Calvin's Lawn Service. :dizzy:

#71 Ā·
Hey guys, I'm looking to give away a few lawn accounts. They are good clients and I never have problems with payment. All I ask in return is that you take care of the clients and do an excellent job. I may also have more lawns to give away for next year as well. I'm in the middle of a move and trying to scale back on the amount of lawns im cutting per week. If your interested please PM and I can give you more info on locations and what they pay.

Thanks!

#75 Ā·
So how is everyone looking so far towards fall clean-up accounts. I am starting to get new accounts for fall clean up and snow removal already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.