West Palm Beach

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Landscape25, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hi, I am near West Palm. I have a question. I have already received some helpful advice but I thought you might be able to help me for my specific area. I only work with ornamentals and palms. My question is this: Do you think applying 13-3-13 in Feb. and Oct. and applying 8-2-10 in June sounds like a good idea? I notice these fertilizers do not have copper, zinc, and boron. Is this a possible problem over time. These three apps. are in reference to beds, not palms. I realize for Ixoras I would probably need a fert. higher in iron but currently I do not maintain any Ixoras. If you think another blend would be better please let me know.

Thanks

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Landscape25 - I checked w/ our Tech Services Dept., and here's what they said about your question:

He can apply either of those products any time throughout the year.

If he wants to get specific in terms of applying micro nutrients it's going to be in his best interest to have soil and tissue analysis done for the plants in question. This will help determine if any micros are necessary and if so in what quantities.

Let me know how that sounds and if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
    Bob