1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP Plow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by NEAL, Jan 1, 2001.

1. NEAL

NEAL LawnSite Member
    from WI

Just wondering what you guys think of putting a Western MVP 8.5 v-plow on a full size blazer. I know that it weighs 880# but i ran a 7.5ft pro plow on my blazer that weighed 700#. My blazer had a 4 inch lift with some real stiff leaf springs so the front never sagged. obviously I will need considerable ballast to counter the weight. I also realize that the stock 10 bolt axles might not be too happy with all that weight but I could upgrade to 14 bolt axles. Finaly does anyone know if a MVP plow will hook up to a regular uni-mount mount currently on my truck?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

880 is a bit heavy, but as long as your ready to replace ball joints and tie rods more often,and put a couple hunderd worth of ballast out back to keep the rear wheels on the ground,it should push it OK.
  3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

The mvp will mount to the existing unimount system.
    I used to have an 8' fisher on a K-5 blazer. Never had any issues with that. The only problem I see, is that many times you wont be plowing, but carrying the snow, that static load will require alot more weight to keep it moving. Much like the skid steer with a pusher box. Loose traction and you have to start over again.