Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone looking to plow this season. we are looking for subs all over! 412-527-5196
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Has anybody seen evidence of grubs in recent weeks, that is large chunks of sod torn out by skunks, racoons, or whoever else is trying to get at the grubs?

In past years, the time for this to start has been around September 5-10. But, this season, I have seen no turf being torn out, nor have I seen any evidence of turf damage done by grubs. Anybody else?

What happened to the "buggy" Summer that was predicted by all? With the very warm late Winter and early Spring, many "experts" were saying that the Summer would be a very bad season for bugs. Many bugs that normally would not have survived the Winter and Spring would be around in high populations for the Summer. In my experience and observation, not so. The Japanese Beetle would have been a good example of those who survived and would have been out in high numbers. Anybody else?
  3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I had 3 with grubs this year. All were treated in the past 2 weeks to kill them
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

any ones in venango county?
  5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Roger that Roger, the skunks have been busy the past few weeks, they must be getting ready for a big winter.
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't noticed any sod torn up around here, but when I was up in Warren County 2 weeks ago, the cabin we rented had a large area torn up by somebody(s) looking for grubs
  7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen a few of my places out in Butler county with that issue but that's bout it!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing in Venango. Sorry.
  9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen a lot of lawns with grass torn up in recent weeks. Most are near wooded areas.
  10. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

What a miserable day. Should of never loaded up the trailer. Only got a few done, so I will be playing catch up the rest of the week anyway.
    Posted via Mobile Device