Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Looking for a place for trailer inspections close to mars/cranberry... thoughts? The guy I was using just closed down his shop and I have two 16' I need to get inspected. With my rate of being pulled over, the sooner the better.

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I dont know anywhere out that way but i know theres a place in shaler (scott pinks on butler plank road). If you stop into zoresco he could tell you who he uses out that way. He told me but I dont remember

3. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah the Big Tex/Zoresco guy on 228 would know for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sent you a pm, Mike

5. Mayers

Mayers LawnSite Member
    from PA

I do work on the east side of Pittsburgh (Churchill, Plum, Penn Hills etc). I'm looking for a place that takes lawn waste (spring clean up stuff). Can someone tell me a place that takes bagged stuff and what the charge is per load.

Thanks

- Marc

6. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody in the Uniontown area? (south of Pittsburgh)

7. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

W.L. Davidson in warrendale does trailers, give R.J. a call

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

All I know of is AgRecycle, but I think they're near Braddock

9. themaintenanceman

themaintenanceman LawnSite Member

hI GUYS, i have a couple lawns in baldwin i would like to sub-out. im not in the sub business but they came with a batch i picked up this year. if your interested let me know. thanx matt

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Finally, in full swing now! I started regular schedule on Friday, with a few more on Saturday. Yesterday and today were full schedule, and will be for the rest of the week. In nearly all cases, the timing is good -- enough to mow, but not more than reasonable to handle and leave lay. I did cut one today for the second time, with growth beyond any expectations. It was very thick, tall, and green-sappy. I wonder if it was fert 2X already.

I started out thinking I was skinny on load. I lost three customers because of house sales. But, since last Friday, I've picked up four more. I had already picked up a couple the week before. None of them were expected -- the phone just rang, "... can you mow?" These are all good locations too.

But, I know I've lost a couple of weeks of revenue because of the late start. Spring season will be short. June 1 is only six weeks away.