Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

No not for another week or 2. Still a few snow piles and its wet. I really dont do to many "cleanups" just some aeration etc. I have seen a guy or 2 out already though. I have been getting stuff ready etc, got both trailers inspected today

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Oh okay. MMC has been doing cleanups for a couple weeks on and off. No mulch yet, just cutting grasses and cleaning out beds and that type of thing. Can't wait to start mowing!

3. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I probably won't be starting til the 21st or so of this month... we'll see how the weather goes though!

4. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Im with you guys don't do many cleanups Just kinda go out and do some stuff upon request. Then first mow clean up little leaves and such left over from fall.

Nice looking Grandstand you got a nice deal on that.

5. deere615

Man they must have a ton of work! Most commercial contracts I see too usually state spring cleanup to be done on or after march 15th and some are april 1st

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

They have 1 4 man crew that just does all-day HOA and assisted-living communities, plus 2 other crews for smaller HOA and commercial accounts, plus maybe 2-3 landscape crews that take care of everything from mulching, installs, and excavation/soil work.

I hope I'm not giving away too much info about their operation, but anybody could figure that much out if they watched them enough. Numbers I can't do, and truck/equipment/shop info is iffy, maybe in a phone call or face to face if anybody's interested. But not online really. Don't want to overstep my bounds.

7. deere615

Definitely not Tim, your smart! Yeah I have seen a crew doing commercials before

8. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. Same here, not many spring clean ups. Most of my yards are in newer developments, not many mature trees. There just is not anything there to clean up. I will go out in a couple weeks and edge all sidewalks, pick up any debris, and give a quick mow over before the season actually kicks in. I just bill them for a regular mowing.

9. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly what I do

10. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Well that works for you guys!

Have quite a few clean ups (should be mostly branches and some leaves and dead plant material) that will probably take a good week or two with an hour to 3 or 4 hours being spent at each place.