Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

Sorry to hear that..... Good luck.

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

This.

I sat in on the "Safe Trailering" seminar held by the state police at the Irwin Rental open house last spring and they said "If you roll by and you have two axles, be assured that you will be eyeballed."
    They said that the larger trailers are the ones they focus on. Not that they would necessarily be pulling you over, but that you WILL get a glance to see if there are any blatant violations.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Anybody else seeing a depleting growth rate this week?

Of all the ones I've cut so far this week, only two were on par with the previous week. All others were weaker in growth. I'm sure some of the cold days are part of the slower rate. But, we may be reaching the "hump" point, pointing toward Summer growth rates. Some warmer days ahead, and no rain the forecast for a few days. Next week could be even weaker growth.

4. OakNut

Yes. Finally I can mulch without a mess.
    Last 3 years I never bagged this much. I was contemplating dropping some people because I simply am not equipped to haul away clippings in this volume!

I actually DID drop a few biweekly people for this reason - TOO MUCH growth.

5. OakNut

I'm SO happy this stuff slowed down a little. With Memorial day and the rain before it, I've been struggling to get caught up. If had to bag again this week, I'd have been screwed. Should have the last of them caught up by tomorrow. Woo-hoo.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't even miss grass cutting. Too much stress.

7. OakNut

I must have been sleeping. What are you doing now? LOL

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Landscape construction. A little, eh, more challenging and rewarding than grass cutting.

9. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Anyone go out today?

10. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

think im heading out by 10. weather channel says expect dry conditions over the next 6 hours