1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

I bid low, an mow, then go! Do not make the coin that some guys make on here but heck it is a living. :cool2:
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. DoubleClutch

DoubleClutch LawnSite Member

Didn't go out today. Its been raining all day. Hoping to catch up tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain. If not Saturday. I have a customer to do that has a good hill to mow and don't want to be sliding down it. I have been growing steady for the last 3 weeks. I wont bid low cause I am needing to make a profit not brake even. Cost to get there, fuel, wear & Tare, my hourly pay. 1/4 acre lot here is paying $35 to $40. Don't let them talk you down even if you are needing the customers you will be losing in the long run. I did get the chance to blow off the deck and clean the other equipment. Also sharpened and balanced the blades. Also went and got my new door signs. Ready to rock and roll!!
  3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

We mowed and I spread mulch and trimmed hedges all day! Gotta stay on schedule! No customers complained!
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I did get started about 1:30, mowed a couple of jobs. Mowing worked fine. But, about 5:00, just ready to start another property, some sprinkles, then a full rain storm. Yes, behind in schedule, but glad I got some jobs finished.
  5. mpriester

mpriester LawnSite Member
    Male, from Dunbar, Pa.

Didn't even attempt it today, 3 of them are commercial accounts and the rest have a couple good hills and are higher end customers and i don't want to rut the yards or tear up the grass from a sliding mower.
  6. DoubleClutch

Off and running today!! Time to get caught up!! It is going to be a nice weekend and it's my Birthday so time to celebrate!!
  7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I bummed around and drank beer. Today were going full throttle
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. DoubleClutch

Just got back home! Kicked out yesterday's and today clients. Only 10 but that was enough for one day. Now Where's the Beer????
  9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Got her done today, 14 cut on my own. Still gotta finish up Fridays list tomorrow!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Rain, pshh...just another day