1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

My wife regularly texts me reminding me to stay hydrated.

FYI, if you're peeing bright yellow, you're already dehydrated.

2. DoubleClutch

DoubleClutch LawnSite Member

Meadville was flooded but out around my way it wasn't to bad. And yes drink water and stay away for the gateraid!!I got caught up today and tomorrow I am just going to work on the equipment and if its nice enough I am going to take the bike for a ride!!
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

4. OakNut

Was there an app for poo colors?

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If its yellow and stinky, take a drinky
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

when will the rain ever stop!!!!!!
  7. DoubleClutch

Yes i am getting tired of all the rain!!
  8. OakNut

Make the most of the rain and your inability to work.

Download the pee app today and check your wiz!

9. DoubleClutch

Will that app work if I have been drinking allot of beer??
  10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

A friend of mine who has had a long career in landscaping is retiring out. He has some equipment For Sale.

Here is a list. If interested, PM and I will get you contact info. All equipment is in McMurray (about 12 miles South of Pittsburgh, on Rt 19, about 4 miles east of Canonsburg exit on I-79) some available now, the rest available on August 1. He requests all cash deal.

• 2010 Chevy 3500 4WD WT white dumptruck w/approximately 11,000 miles, 6-liter 300HP V8 gas engine, 12,000 lbs GVW, 6-speed automatic, 4x4; factory snow plow package (no plow), trailering package, extended mirrors, READING-brand dump body w/ electric hoist, underbody Weathergard polished-metal tool box, better quality nerf bars, ‘Extreme’ undercoating, K&N lifetime air filter, leaf tarp. (Never used for plowing, rarely driven during winter)
    • 2008 Kubota BX24 orange backhoe w/ front loader, 4-wheel drive, 27HP 3-cylinder diesel engine, under 200 hours, interchangeable rubber feet for backhoe outriggers for working on pavement, teeth attachment for bucket, brine-weighted back tires. Recent oil change. Great for residential landscapes, moving materials, digging tree holes, fits through a 60-inch gate, gentle on lawns.
    • 2008 ‘Top Brand’ black Trailer, 14-ft, 7,000 lbs GVW, electric brakes (Had limited use; mostly for hauling a BX24 Kubota backhoe and B&B trees). Includes 2 tie-down straps, 2 tie-down chains, 2 binders.
    • 2006 ‘Homesteader’ enclosed black trailer, 6-ft wide x 8-ft long, roof height extended 12-inches at factory for easier walk-in, 2900 GVW, ramp tailgate, homemade tool rack for hand tools, includes installed metal tracks and clips for quick-clip tiedowns on walls and floor, plus a motorcycle boot - perfect for trailering/storing a motorcycle out of the weather.
    • D.R. Powerwagon 6.75HP B&S, motorized wheelbarrow. Manual start & dump, 4-forward speeds. Great for moving mulch, soil, gravel and materials uphill. Fits through a 36-inch gate.
    • RYAN Jr. Sod Cutter, 7HP B&S I/C engine, 18-inch sod cutting width.
    • RYAN Lawnaire IV 18-inch core aerator w/B&S engine.
    • RYAN Lawnaire V 24-inch core aerator w/Honda engine.
    • SENSATION flail dethatcher, 5HP B&S engine, includes a second interchangeable reel with rigid steel blades for converting it into a verticutter/slicer.
    • BALL CART for moving trees with up to a 32-in diameter root ball.
    • SNAPPER 8HP two-stage snowthrower.
    • PROBST ‘Pave Tech’ precast wall block splitter, mix of precast wall tools & toolbox.
    • ECHO POWR-PRUNER w/ adjustable length reach (about 12-ft?) that comes with various cutting heads: 2-sided trimmers, chain saw, circular saw, and shaft lengthening kit.
    • ECHO powered ‘Candle-Cutter’ w/approx. 6-ft long shaft, great for shaping pine trees.
    • ECHO 2-cycle power trimmers - Several sets of various lengths and models.
    • 10-ft wooden tripod ladder; great for reaching tall shrubs, hedges, & evergreen trees.
    • 2 sets of metal ramps: Aluminum pair (7 ft)
    Custom (8 ft) super heavy duty metal pair