Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Solo doesn't really have much to do with it, not to mention you're pretty much stuck with the same income until you break away from solo work.

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok thanks. Didn't know it meant dirt and such.

3. Pressedun

Think it just means gas cans and trimmers and such, that's a bit much in my opinion.

4. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree but wouldn't surprise me.

5. Pressedun

Heh, there's no way to secure loose material!

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

It's a disgusting revenue-generating scheme. The cops and DOT don't give a rip about actual safety or common sense, all they care about is bringing in as much money as possible.

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, I have no need for a dual axle trailer for what I do, so in that respect it does. (and my income really has no bearing on this topic)

The reason I mentioned "dual axle" is because last spring I attended a safe trailering seminar by the state police. One of the things they said (and I've mentioned this in this thread before) is that "If you have a trailer with two axles, you can be assured that we're going to eyeball you as we drive by."
    He wasn't being a prick about it - he was simply explaining some of the things that are "red flags" to them that get noticed, and that was something they mentioned.

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've gotten lucky a few times in the past year. As long as your truck isn't sagging they usually don't bother you. Thank god for the suspension upgrades on my 250 which allow me to haul over 2 tons

9. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Any material is supposed to be tarped and all hand helds/cans need to be strapped in as well. I think...

10. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

That's correct... anything/ everything needs to be strapped or tarped in the bed the officer told me.