1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

sure Tim gibsonia is little better than monroeville but I would look at both let me know details Tim. Thanks

2. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Flyers seem to be having less and less of an impact. I went out to give my first estimate of the season. I pulled up to the lady's house and looked in the newspaper slot on her mailbox and seen atleast 6 flyers jammed in there from various LCOs. She said her and the neighbors get bombarded every Spring with flyers. She said when the slot fills up, they just throw them away. She got my name through a friend at work.

3. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont even think it is worth it anymore.

4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I won't be putting out many flyers this year. You should of seen some of these flyers. Some were handwritten, others just typed up on a plain piece of paper, no wonder people simply throw them all out. A good quality flyer from a legit comapny would not have made a difference. Sort of like junk mail and e-mail, you just ignore it after so long. There is no way I am spending a day handing out thousands of flyers to maybe pick up one account.

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys i have been lurking on the site for a while and decided to join. My name is scott and I am the owner/operator of McGinn Lawn and Landscaping. I am located in Glenshaw (North Hills area) and service all around this area. Its really nice to see some other guys in this area and hear of familiar areas/lco's. Good luck to all of you this year!

6. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome Scott, good luck to you as well!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Scott, nice to meet you. We do a lot of work in Gibsonia, so I may see you around. How do you like your Snapper?

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I absolutely LOVE my snapper. It sat all winter in a barn with no heat, gas in the tank, and the old oil. Three pulls and it started right up. Obviously I will be changing the oil and filters probably next weekend. But, anyway, I really like the mower and it has never really failed me. I am hoping to buy a 36" snapper hydro this year if i can come across one for the right price. It doesnt seem like too many people in our area use them and I dont know why because it has been so reliable and cuts very nice. Didnt/do you have a snapper as well?

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'm working on selling it now. How old is yours, is it one of the newer ones? I love it, but I have one major complaint: deck blowout. Maybe for southern turfs it was okay, but I had a hell of a time last fall dealing with so much freaking blowout. I could barely suck up any leaves unless I was literally at an idle, just too much air coming from the deck.

But I did just have a blowout kit installed, basically it just lowers the front of the deck so no air can push out. I don't really care if it works though, I'll let the next guy deal with that :laugh::laugh:

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

This is company I just started with www.mmcland.com

Family owned, good place to work. I'll be leading a grass crew next month unless I screw something up or show I'm not responsible.