1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have the older model. I dont know the year but i think its around 2000 or so? I dont really have a problem with deck blowout, only a bit in the fall but thats still not too bad. I ran mulching blades for a day on it and had bad blowout so they came off the same day. It isn't the prettiest thing but it definitely gets the job done! I go to school all week about an hour away so I will take pics next weekend when I come home!

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the newer Snappers have a big blowout problem. Good mower though for the price; can't really complain. The blowout "plate" is covered under warranty, so it's no charge.

I have heard the 36" Snapper walk behinds have a better design and no blowout.

3. McG_Landscaping

I really hope so! After I get working and make some money this summer I want to pick up an older one. I really like the design and at the moment I cant afford a new one! Also I rather buy a used 36 and a dump insert for my truck than just a new walk behind

4. McG_Landscaping

its such a beautiful day here in the burgh! too bad its supposed to be the last one for what looks to be a week or more :realmad::wall

5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

YES, it finally dried up enough for me to practice on my Grandstand. I am getting more comfortable in open areas, but still trying to master it in the tight areas. The grass is starting to green up, I should be out next week doing some minor clean ups if the weather cooperates.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Was out doing cleanups today, did one on friday and a bunch of work over the weekend too.

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Nice couple days for cleanups, supposed to get cold and wet again though.

8. deere615

So they are saying, I see 2 days in the forecast they are calling for a mix of snow!

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I know, I've seen that also. I really hope not! But it is what it is...nothing we can do about it!

10. deere615

Yeah I love the snow and have salt but really don't want to have to pull the salter back out though I can have it ready in 15minutes or so it just wouldn't be worth it