1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I think i am finally done for the year. Finished a few clean ups yesterday. I had a couple one time jobs lined up but I think I am going to pass on them and call it a wrap. Maintenance on equipment is way over due and I am beat down from mowing non stop since April. Time to relax with the family and regroup for next season.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I also am throwing in the towel for the year, leaf box is off with about 20 clean ups left to do. Not good but means an early start come spring. Onto snow, let's hope it's a good one!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not ready to give up. However, I only have two more properties that need attention. I cleared three off my list yesterday. Actually, one of them didn't quite get finished in the dark. I returned this morning, and was 75% finished (9:45) when the rain started. I finished, but got soaked in the process.

I also have a few properties I would like to make one more mowing. But, every day that passes, that seems more unlikely.

Also, I have several trimming jobs to work into the weather breaks. I did one last Saturday, in the ice and snow. I am expecting some reasonable work days yet in the next couple of weeks.

I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Disappointed to see the light, however. I would rather keep working. No snow work for me.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

We have one leaf cleanup tomorrow and maybe one more closer to Christmas. The rest of the winter will be playing in mud, frozen mud, and building our booth for the Home and Garden Expo.

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Tim, are you still at MMC?

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

No, I took a new job back in May. Could not deal with the family politics at MMC. I'm working for a much better company now. Primarily design and build, but I'm in charge of the maintenance operation to take care of the customers after a job is completed.

www.blackwoodandassociates.com

7. LawnMan19

Congrats! on the new job. It looks like they do first class work.

8. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to here. At some point you have to call it a season. The days to work are getting spread out. I cant keep myself and equipment on call for any longer. It is time to put a fork in it I am done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you. Their work is perfect. They expect a lot from us and they treat us great.

10. LawnMan19

It's great to work for someone like that, that actually cares about their work and employees.
    Posted via Mobile Device