Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I try to keep up on it as best as possible, using Weather Bug, Weather Channel and NOAA with NOAA being the best source.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Yup noaa with weather channel's radar. Making my own assessment
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. centrallawn

centrallawn LawnSite Member

I read this thread alot but don't message much, but I do have some questions for 'yinz'. Looking to really expand my business this year. My cousin and I run the business as a partnership. I do all the business stuff and he manages the crews and makes sure everything gets done properly. We can do this because I have an extremely flexible full time job. Anyways, whats holding me back most is quality workmanship. Anyone have good thoughts on finding it? I operate out of Beaver County but we hit all 3 counties (butler and allegheny). Anything would be beneficial. Thanks Guys!

4. BLandscaping

BLandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys, my names Tyler I came across this thread exploring the site. 2014 will be my second year in business and im now ready to get a 2nd truck out there. I have a pickup now that was doing it all from my mowing to my landscape/hardscaping. Im looking for a ford f450/f550 or 4500/5500 chevy or dodge. If anyone sees anything in the area or even has one for sale let me know. Nothing more than $25k.

Thanks
    Tyler

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody know the situation with Oaknut? He used to be a frequent visitor, but see he has not been around for a couple of months. I sent him a PM, but no response.

Maybe he out of the business, and has moved to other things.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't the slightest idea...I hope he's alright

7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

No clue. Maybe he went into hibernation or took a nice vacation!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

No response from Oaknut. He must be on to other things.

9. white350

white350 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys im new to the site for posting but I just came this thread for the pittsburg area im in my 3rd year now and im kinda wondering what people are getting on average for a yard of mulch installed edging included, now I no the bigger the job everyone works with the price a little and I no I cant charge someone that gets 10+ yards the same as the guy getting 1-3 yards.

also whats everyone paying on average around here for colored mulch im from Greensburg but I go as far as wexford and cranberry to do a lot of my work Greensburg area seems to average $30.00 a yard even for commercial use.

10. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

$100 per yard installed with prep, I pay $33 per yard of dyed mulch.
    Posted via Mobile Device