Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of something like this. I was going to build it out of wood and fabricate it so everything has a position.

The steel seems very difficult to fabricate correctly. I will have a handheld blower facing foward, 2 gas cans, saftey cones, and a backpack blower mounted to the side of it.

I can certainly see 1 major drawback.... weight! That pressure treated lumber sure is heavy! Anyway I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow and see what I come up with.

down2earth6x16_landscape_bk_with_basket.5093507_std.jpg

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've wanted a basket like that. I think wood is going to be super heavy. You can buy a pre made metal one
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I definitely wouldn't do it out of wood, and steel really isn't hard to work with if you can weld half decently. And if not like Scott said you also can buy them pre-made and they're pretty cheap...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

One of those on my stubby, little 8' trailer would be like adding a second level. :laugh:

And yeah, I would think that using wood may take up a lot of space and weight in order to make it strong enough. I'd start looking for a welder.

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Hey if you want to stop by my shop today I can show you how to change that head. I will be there from 11 - 2 ish
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Got the speed feed head on today. Didn't take that much to figure out. The fs56 took the Green adapter not the gold one that the fs90 takes.

Speaking of fs90.... my 4 year old fs90r is starting to show some age. It runs but won't idle correctly....will just die off. If you hold the trigger it runs just fine, possibly a carb issue I presume? No biggie will fiddle with it later.

The weather was awful today so I didn't get a chance to work on the trailer. I'm focused on my walk behind at the moment. It's a fixed deck belt drive I want to raise the deck all the way up and drop the blades all the way down. Will take a pic because the rear axle is not adjustable! :confused: :cry: :confused:

IMG_20140404_130100.jpg

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

8. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Still have everything!

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I needed something! I have too much stuff as it is, and I don't even use most of it. Haha

10. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

I hear ya Tim... As of now it looks like the whole family is getting used string trimmers for Christmas