1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

I mowed a lawn yesterday literally a foot high... god damn fert guys.
  2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

some of you fert slingers love to make life a living h3ll. Thanks alot for making marsha's a nightmare.
  3. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Monday - Rain
    Tuesday - Rain
    Wednesday - Rain
    Thursday - Rain

How is it possible to NOT cut in the rain?
  4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, today was supposed to be bad and it wasn't, so that means the stuff I didn't do today because they predicted thunderstorms won't get done tomorrow either because I NEED to catch up, but it WILL storm now for sure.

I mowed in the rain on Monday and it looks like I'll be mowing in the rain tomorrow.
    Spare boots, socks, boonie hat, and two rain jackets are already in the truck.
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I got out about 1:00 p.m. -- a little wet to start, but had saved off some sparse jobs from Monday. I worked until 8:00 p.m. but am still several jobs behind. Actually, by 6:00, condidtions were really good. A strong breeze dried things off well, but the chill set in quickly. The forecast for tomorrow doesn't look good, but I will respond ASAP on what I see in the skies, when, and if, it happens. Thursday does look favorable, all day.
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Luckily the 50 mph wind gusts worked in my favor blowing leaves yesterday, so I can't really complain about anything.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

We mowed in the rain everyday this week!
  8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

No rain out in Ligoneer today, so no complaints. Seems like I'm having an easy week this week.
  9. OakNut

I have no idea how, but my feet stayed dry today.

Days like these make me happy I have a bunch of tiny push mow jobs in the city.
    Much easier to mow those when wet/raining.
  10. OakNut

Did anyone see it?

Huge, glowing orb in the sky... about half hour ago.

It's gone now. Not sure what it was.

Posted via Mobile Device