Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice, get a Kawi?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed, inflate that poo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

21 New accounts for the year so far!

Had the strangest thing happen to me today. New customer called for an estimate - oddly enough he was saved in my phone in my contacts! I had no idea who he was... turns out he called me 2 years ago for an estimate but 2 hours later he called to cancel - said "the guy who does my lawn showed up" (at the last minute). Well apparently I didn't have a pen or paper at the time and told him to keep my number and call me if anything changes.

Well he did ... 2 years later!

Another crazy thing happened today. My new Ad's started today - got 6 estimates and somehow got to them all today! And even crazier thing is I won ALL of them! That's never happened before!!! 3 of them said the price was too high, but then went and hired me anyway. Could it of been my old spice after shave? :laugh:

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Could have been they were lying to see if you'd throw out a lower number.

;)

5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Saw the Oaknut yesterday! :waving:

6. OakNut

I wondered if that was you when I saw the truck.

I was everywhere yesterday. I call it "mileage Monday" - Plum, Monroeville, Oakmont, Forest Hills. Ugh.

I was headed just up the street when you saw me. An existing customer is moving a mile away from their current home and I was going to look at the new location.
    AWESOME! It's literally right across the street from two other cuts I do! What are the odds?!!!
    Bad news. Terraced back yard with walls and narrow steps. Can't get my mower up there to mow. Looks like I'll have a slot to fill when they move.

7. JimsLocalLawn

At some point this week I need to cut my lawn :laugh:

8. OakNut

80 degrees tomorrow.

Gonna break out the shorts and even up my tan. :cool2:

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I do believe the official start of high-growth rate season for turf grasses in SW PA began on Monday.

If given a choice, I would rather work in double sweatshirts with controlled grass growth, than short-sleeves and hayfields.

10. JimsLocalLawn

:laugh:

How do you keep your socks clean when trimming? My pants look green from the waist down, but I hate wearing jeans on hot days like that!