Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Carhartts or Dickies all day long, better than jeans for sure!

No shorts for me, power through the hotness and get it done. Probably have 20-22 to cut tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Socks clean...? What for? Washing machines do wonders with dirty clothes.

Wearing shorts means the green grass sticks to a bare leg. But, just like washing machines do wonders for clothes, showers do wonders for grass stained bare legs.

As the saying goes, "It all comes out in the wash."

3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

You'll laugh harder when I tell you I wear low-cut ankle socks. I'm a girl like that.
    Can't have tan lines higher than the socks I wear off the clock! :D

(my socks are a little lower than these even)
    [​IMG]

Just picked up some new running shoes. Can't wear boots either when it's warm - my feet sweat too much. Gotta have mesh shoes. The drawback is wet feet when there's dew. Solution: 2 pair of socks/shoes in the truck.

Wore these the other day to test them out and holy crap are the grippy.

[​IMG]

I wore cargo pants today and was ready to start a "Schweddy Balls" franchise by mid-day - and it wasn't even hot out.

Yeah, my white socks are all a bit on the green side.
    Work socks. Regular socks. Keep 'em separated and all my work clothes go in the same load.

Except for this time of year when lawns are just being whipped into shape, I get minimal grass on my legs. I'll admit that when wearing pants, I trim differently, but by the time "shorts season" is here, most of the heavy trimming is taken care of. If I need to get crazy on a weed-covered hillside, I have a pair of basketball pants I keep in the truck that I just pull on over the shorts. Hack away at the weeds and then pull them off. AAAHhhhhhhhh....

:)

4. Pressedun

I primarily wear hiking shoes/boots depending on how wet it is out. One waterproof and one not for better breath ability. Should be a nice shock to the system tomorrow, better bring plenty of water fellas!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

6. Pressedun

Perhaps it's time to re-introduce myself.

I'm Travis, 29 and own an LCO in Gibsonia, PA that services the north hills.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Pressedun

Looking good man, keep it going!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Saw a Stockman truck today. Sure looked pretty.

I wonder if Custom Turf and Irrigation still frequents this site.

9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Oh boy saw the Oaknut again today. Wonder if he is stalking me? :rolleyes:

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought you were stalking ME!

It's funny. I always check out the trailers first - I didn't realize it was you until you were past me and it clicked - "black Dodge... There he is AGAIN!" LOL

Hey, do you work alone?
    I have a client who moved and I can't keep them on because they have a terraced back lawn and I don't own a simple, lightweight push mower for small areas that I can take up a few steps.
    I passed on another one in Forest Hills today for the same reason. The main lawn I could have used my 36" on, but there is a small section in the back that is up a few steps. I don't have anyone with me to help carry a mower on jobs like that.

Speaking of steps.
    Got a call for a quote on one of those houses on W Swissvale Ave - those ones with the hillside nearly straight up for a front "yard" - with 40 steps to go up - right across from the light at Taco Bell and Applebees in Edgewood/Swissvale.
    PASS!!!