Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Its just been ridiculously cold, soon as it gets real nice out I'm sure the calls will pile up. I was hoping to get cutting next week too, blah snow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

i am not liking this weather at all!

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Pull it back out!
    I did my first mulch job april 1st last year and started mowing a few april 5th

4. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

mulch is one thing mowing is another. I am talking about this year its to early now we all will be lucky if we are mowing by middle of april with the temps we have. Soil has to be around 50 to 55 degrees.

5. deere615

I know I started early last year and I thought it would be later with all the snow we had but ya this cold has been around a while. Temps are looking to be up in 40/50's next week

6. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Ya Hopefully it gets better, I am doing mulch tommorw and topsoil+ seeding

7. deere615

You nuts gunna be cold and possibly snow on the ground. I would wait until at least next week. I told all customers who want seeding etc to wait until the second week of april. Hopefully going to do one or 2 mulch jobs next week looking like alot of rain though

8. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Ya I will see how it looks tommrow I know alot of guys seeding already it will come up when the weather warms up. I am going to lay down my mulch first thing that way give time for snow to melt. Then going to see how it looks possibly fix a few lawns with topsoil and seed them. All depends on the weather.

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know Brad...hard to say yet...I don't think so...I really hope it's not going to accumulate.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Might have been one of the managers; me and another guy are starting to edge an HOA over there, but I haven't been over there in a truck in a couple weeks and most everybody else is in Mars working on a commercial install.