Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

On a positive note I started a new client last week. $40/week - the first cut took me 25 min for the mowing portion and we all know the first cut always takes more time, so I figure this will ultimately be about a 25-30 minute job.

The best part was that when I spoke to her on the phone after looking at it I quoted her $40. At some point I said something along the lines of "I don't know if that's more or less than what you had been paying."
    She said she had been paying $25. LOL!
    After I explained everything I would be doing and reminded her that I was fully insured and all that fun stuff, she said, "Maybe that's why the $25 guy stopped showing up?"

LOL!

She said she had one more guy coming over, but would let me know the next day.
    I figured my chances were ZERO, but she texted me at 11am asking if I could work her into my schedule that week!
    Right down the street from two other existing clients. Awesome.

2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Oh boy, saw the Oak nut today. Sure hope he is not going to try an law ball my yard an at! :waving:

3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm movin' in on yer turf.

This town's not big 'nuff fer the both of us...

[​IMG]

:laugh:

4. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sick of cutting grass. Bout 6 weeks til leaves start to fall, looking forward to it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Just replaced your Blackridge yard today my man, with a $5.00 gratuity charge N'at. :rolleyes:

6. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Oh my! :clapping:
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Any interest in a JD z960? Has a 60 in mod deck and a 34 hp kawi... didnt plan to unload it but things have changed and no longer need it. It has around 920 hours on it... In great shape. I have hi lifts and Mulching blades for it

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Mike are you going to sell your salter?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

I can. Not sure of the interest though. It's a salt dog 075.. it was perfect for me

10. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. Stopped taking new customers about a month ago. I am burned out. I cannot wait to clean up the equipment and put it away for the winter.
    Posted via Mobile Device