Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of ours need cut but everything is super saturated.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of the big companies around the area have a lot of subs, seems like a good way to get your foot in the door, but obviously you don't get paid as well.

3. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Will be getting started next week. Not sure if I will head out early in the week or late. Have been seeing yards cut and think it is still a little early. It is supposed to be 80 on Sunday so not sure if my Monday yards will get cut this week or next?

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully it dries out this weekend enough to start cutting by the end of the week. I just can't wait to start cutting again.

5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I here you. Seems like this time of year am always excited to start mowing, then by Thanksgiving can not wait to put the mowers away and break out the ski equipment.

6. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Here's my take on subcontracting...

I subbed for a company with lots of snowplowing accounts... it worked out pretty well. Was guaranteed a decent amount of money on each large snow fall and he always paid me within a week of the day that I plowed on.

I am now subbing for a landscaping company that does install/maintenance work only, they sub out the mowing/fert/irrigation. I dictate my own pricing so when I price the lawn, they incorporate that into their budget. Works well for me and everyone's happy.

Subbing can be a good way to get busy early provided you get in with the right companies and people. Other people work for you in a way in that you don't have to go find your own clients and deal with the billing/organization side of things.

I'm going to continue to sub for a while and see how things go...

7. Pressedun

........+1

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

thanks for your input on the subbing guys! I am also itching to start mowing. Hopefully next friday I will start mine.

9. Pressedun

Not putting the plow on?!?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Pressedun

I'm hoping to do so late next week too!