1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Brad...you're not going to school to skip class...you can quit school, pay less, and not go to class :nono::nono:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

ugghhh I been saying that since I started only this month and one more year to go... I should pass all my classes. I skipped some these past 2 weeks but have had perfect attendance the whole semester even with all the snow. Some classes are just pointless its amazing the amount of kids that never come to class and never do any work, must be nice to have parents pay for everything. Also trying to find time for these friggin group projects suck I have always hated group projects there are always some that will do no work and some that will do all the work.

Edit-I like the snowman tim :)

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

lol i skipped school in highschool a few times to mow. My parents were cool with it because I wasnt skipping like many others to sit around and play video games all day. Now I try not to skip as much since I actually pay for school but I definitely always make my schedule around my mowing schedule. I am still hoping to possibly pick up a few more yards. Last year I picked up 3 yards at the end of the season so I am hoping to pick up enough for a second day of mowing.

4. deere615

yeah I never skipped in highschool, I had perfect attendance all 4 years! Weathers been killing me, my customers make my schedule and jobs have been rolling in. alot of these big jobs I dont have time to get done unless I skip because most of my spring classes I schedule in the middle of the day so I have evenings/nights/ late mornings for the snow plowing. I am sure my parents would have let me skip a little in highschool but I didnt need to. College they dont care too much mom mom will get a little mad at me but as long as I pass they are fine

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I hear you. I skipped a little here and here and tried to stack my classes on certain days so I could have a day or two off every week to work.

6. deere615

Yeah its tough when I schedule because I want good teachers and times all close together, I really dont like to stack too many in one day because I like to get work done each day then if it rains/snows on a day I would have off etc I would be screwed

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That's true. I never really had enough work to worry about skipping classes. I'd either mow all one week day or on Saturday depending on the weather.

8. deere615

yeah its been building up the last few years senior year is going to be really tough! But like I said highschool I didnt have that much I would do 3 lawns or so after school 4 days or so and be done. whats tough now is the homework too coming home and spending all night doing that crap I gotta finish this stuff up and meet with a group before class tomorrow. Highschool I used every second I had in study halls and between classes to get homework done

9. McG_Landscaping

I usually mow on fridays and saturdays. That leaves me sunday as a makeup day. And as of now I only have one large commercial property that I leave school on a weekday every other week to do. All of my customers have been super understanding with my schedule and are always willing to work with me! I guess I have been lucky

10. McG_Landscaping

also I just made a website (its in my signature). I know it still needs some work and more pics but I am looking for constructive criticism. Everyone from pittsburgh seems to be really nice compared to some other people on the site and I rather hear what you guys have to say rather than some of those other people.