Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats cool do you move them to the weekdays in the summer then? I try and keep everyone on the same schedule all season. I also dont tell the majority of my customers I am in college I dunno all depends some I do some I dont but especially with the snow I want to try and be available to everyone asap. I have the feeling some wont hire me if I say I go to school they think I will stop work in September and stuff

2. deere615

mcGinn i saw that when I was sitting in class today. Its not bad. basic and to the point. I am not real good and critcism. One thing I can saw is put alot of pictures on I am a visual person So I put a ton on my site and they are all older ones I need to get more up from last season. You will keep coming up with new Ideas for it as time goes on, take a look at other peoples sites just dont copy them but sometimes looking at theirs will give you a better idea for yours get some pictures up there of landscape jobs etc

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Most of my customers want their lawns mowed for the weekend so right now I have enough to mow all day friday. If it spills over to saturday none of them mind. So usually they expect me on friday. All of my main customers I have had since highschool and have been extremely loyal to me and given extra work. Also any new customer I have picked up has usually been one of their neighbors so they see that I am there all year round and I am dependable. I actually picked up the 4 new contracts last year because their lcos were inconsistant or didnt show up and 2 of them even paid more to have me. I think i have been lucky!

4. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Any thoughts about mowing grass today?

5. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

franklin pa do some work in mercer and clarion countys

6. jbird3898

jbird3898 LawnSite Member

hey Rainmen I am from the south hills but travel all over. I have a job to do in Mcdonald and my attorney has a house in imperial i am doing alot of work at. i have been using Dave from rocks mulch and more. He has been bringing me alot of lime stone and dirt ot job sites out your way. He is very resonable. He brings me tri axels out and only charges me 50 bucks for delivery. Can't really beat that. Have you used him before or are there any other local guys i should know about if i need raw topsoil delieved.

7. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowed a couple today. I will be out all today tommorow. It is suppose to be nice and sunny. I am tired of clean ups. I am ready to bang out some yards on my Grandstand. I just spotted something rare out of my window now, the sun.

8. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Haha the sun is out finally!

I cut 2 lawns in the rain this morning then banged out 6 more after it stopped, was real wet though!

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Cool man, I definitely like it up in that part of the state. Less people, but I guess less business opportunities also.

Thanks for posting :waving:

10. deere615

ya thats good I try to be consistent also. so do you stay busy other days of the week all summer?
    I did 6 this afternoon doing a bunch tomorrow then full blast next week
    we get to see the sun about 90days a year in pittsburgh :laugh:
    you and me both I thought about going to college up my camp and starting a business up there but it just wouldnt have worked out as well as here I think