1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah it's certainly getting old, sick of them but I realize I have to do some small landscaping projects in the rain so I don't fall behind! Hopefully we see more sun in May!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Have we had so many full-day rainouts this early in the season in the past few years? Yea, a half day here and there, but these full-day losses really hurt. The maps look like the evening will be very wet.

Tomorrow ...?

And, the grass is growing at unbelievable rates!

3. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Hard to stay on top of the lawns when half of them are swamps, add in how high they are and it's just taking too long on them. We need sun!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jonny01blaze

jonny01blaze LawnSite Member

Yup this rain is getting old real fast! I thought about building some arcs and selling them on the side!

Back on topic, I have 3 edging jobs to complete and a medium sized mulch job for this week and am also now a day behind on my lawn route.

Go figure dry as a bone last year and wetter than all hell this year, and no we haven't had rain like this in a number of years! Me and the old man were just talking about this on sunday.

5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

No, we have not had this many full-day rainouts in past years. Even going out and getting a few yards mowed helps out a little bit. These complete washouts are getting old.

6. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I am really getting tired of all of this rain!! I want a few dry days and I would be happy. Plus everything that is unfertilized as well as fertilized is growing extremely fast!

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Today was terrible. 6 guys, 8.5 hours to do an HOA that should take 6 guys 5-6 hours tops. 3 guys blew out clumps for literally 5 hours while everybody else cut and trimmed and pulled weeds.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah the rain sucks but we worked in it all days mowing and mulching, had too got alot to get done, and there was alot of other mowers out I saw on the road today too

9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I kept on mowing through the rain today. I left some grass stains on the sidewalks, but the yards looked decent after I mowed. I spent alot of time blowing sidewalks and lawns to make it look good.

10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, if your yards look bad something is wrong.

Green, Green, Green. Did I mention Green!!!