Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for posting Mike :waving:

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Today was terrible...2 trimmers got their carbs dirty or wet or something and had no power, 1 trimmer had the head bind up, the carb fell off 1 backpack, and the grass catcher bracket cracked off.

Plus everything had grown about a foot in the last week and I didn't have my Trivantage Exmark, so I had twice as many clumps to blow out.

Just a miserable day.

3. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed a couple in the morning and had enough. I have a couple mulch jobs lined up so I spent the afternoon edging in the rain. A crew pulled up and mowed a yard a few houses down from where I was working. They left grass all over the sidewalks and clumps of grass all over the yard. Yes, a miserable day to say the least.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man. We blow clumps but we either double back and bag or blow them out.

5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

We mowed all day today and yesterday miserable it has had unbievable growth in the past week, 2 customers didnt want me to mow today they said wait till next week I laughed I guess I wont be doing them no more haha

Timmy I thought I had you man, I pulled into chick fil a in robinson at 1230 yesterday and there was the mmc truck I walked up and said wheres tim thinking you were inside he said you had the other truck and were probably on your way up from crafton haha he was a nice kid though

thanks ya it was my own stupid fault... yeah I am on craigslist everyday and watch there to but they are mostly likey already sold probably for $20 a piece...

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Haha, that was probably Wes. He had the '02 F250 with the open trailer because his enclosed was in the shop. 1230, I was at Pleasantview Estates on a back avenue by the 60/79 Interchange.

I'll have the '04 F250 with dump insert and the little trailer from now on.

7. deere615

Ya thats what he told me you had the 04 his was the 02. I will have to remember dump insert from now on. h

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

We refer to our trucks by the year...the '02, the '04, etc. Luckily we don't have anything newer than an '09 or it could get awkward.

Hey, go load up the oh-twelve.
    Truck 12?
    No, truck 12 is the oh-two. Get the oh-twelve. :dizzy:

9. deere615

HAHA ya I kinda figured that when he said you were in the 04 mine is the 02.
    My situation is kinda tough, they are both 03's!

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

At least yours are different colors and different weight classes.

I still don't understand why we don't just say the truck's number instead of the year. Makes more sense to say "grab truck 16 and meet me over here."