Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I finally ordered a blowout kit for my Snapper, so hopefully that'll make this year a little more bearable.

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I'm assuming no one runs Exmarks?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I do/did for my current boss the last two years.

4. Pressedun

I've only used Toro and Exmark so I may a bit biased. I should try out some other walkbehinds like Ferris or Scag.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark does make very nice mowers but I would like to try something else.

I'd like to get a Walker but only if I had an easy way to get the clippings in the truck.

I bag most of my accounts anyway and the Walkers bag better than anything.

6. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris makes a decent mower, they are worth looking into. The Snapper Pro WBs caught my attention a few weeks ago while looking at standers. A 48" WB with an 18 HP Kaw engine for $4300. They looked very similar to the Ferris. Now I am by no means comparing them to a Scag or Exmark, but for someone looking to pay cash for a unit without breaking the bank, this could be an option. If next month at this time I am still undecided about the stander, I may just buy a Snapper Pro and be done with it.

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure if you get a Snapper Pro 48," ask the dealer to install the blowout kit before you take it home with you.

I love mine, but the deck blowout it crazy. I ordered a blowout kit recently so I'm anxious to see how much it improves the performance.

8. Pressedun

I guess the thing is I love the ECS grips and I hate the t-bar... I could deal with pistol grips but I'd rather not.

9. Pressedun

There's a Gravely dealer bout 2 miles from me, perhaps I'll stop in and try one out sometime.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

The Ferris and Snapper pistol grips are very "soft." Not mushy...but not stiff at all. I can run it all day and my hands/wrists are fine.